Friday, June 26, 2015

RGB Strip LED

For my sound level project I am considering using inexpensive RGB Strip LEDs.  So to try some code out I did a trial from this Adafruit post:
https://learn.adafruit.com/rgb-led-strips/overview

The differences are:

* used Adafruit's circuit for the TIP120 except except that I used 5mm LEDs to stand in for the strip (also put a resistor in front of each LED so it wouldn't burn out)
* used Adafruit's sketch except I substituted pins 11, 12, and 13 for the Arduino PWM (used a MSP430G2553)
* used a 4.5V battery pack for external power to the LEDs

It is working:



For my project I am thinking I'll need at least 2 strips running 2 different colors so 6 TIP120s.  I only have 5.  Even better would be to have 3 strips and 3 colors - then I'll have the added complication of not enough PWM pins.  It looks like there is another order in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment