Wednesday, March 11, 2015

What this blog is about....

I'm a mechanical engineer, new to microcontrollers.  I started out with Arduino, but one day found myself with a new TI MSP-EXP430G2 LaunchPad and not much idea of what it could do.  What I've found is that in the LaunchPad series there is a board that can do anything Arduino can do and a whole lot more.  Just one problem... the support at the beginner level is not as developed as that for Arduino.

My objective with this blog is to document some of my experiences with the hope it will ease the process for others getting started with the LaunchPad series.  The LaunchPads I tend to use the most are the MSP3200 (for internet) and the MSP-EXP430F5529LP (for general purpose).  In addition, I can see use for the MSP-EXP430G2 where I want to embed a small board into something.  I have a MSP-EXP432P401R now and I look forward to learning a bit more about the real time operating system (RTOS).

No comments:

Post a Comment